Updated: Oct 25
Looking for the best white high-protein bread that's also gluten-free and low in carbs? Look no further! Even if you are a novice bread baker you will have no trouble with this recipe. With 1 net carb and 7 grams of protein per slice, it's the perfect bread for healthy sandwiches.
Serves 20 slices
85 g (110 ml) Greek yogurt (0% fat) 2 large eggs 120 ml (50 g) whey protein isolate (unflavoured) 120 ml (55 g) almond flour 1⁄2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder 1 tsp baking powder 1⁄4 tsp salt 1⁄4 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Line the bread pan, about 5 x 10 inches (12 x 24 cm), with parchment paper.
3. Add the yogurt and eggs to a big bowl and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until free of lumps.
4. Pour the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle it with some sesame seeds (optional).
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out dry. Let the bread cool before slicing it.
Recommended special equipment Baking pan, 5 x 10 inches (12 x 24 cm)
Freezing Slice the bread before freezing it. Thaw it slightly and toast it before serving.
Storage Store the bread in a zip lock bag in the fridge. It will keep fresh for about a week.
Fat-free yogurt Fat-free yogurt is packed with protein that's why we used it in this recipe. But feel free to use full-fat yogurt for a more moist bread with a bit less protein.